Thursday, March 4, 2010

And I'm Back...

It's been awhile!  I guess I'll start with January...As I mentioned in my last post, I had some presentations for work that I was traveling for.  They went pretty well, but I think I always overanalyze things, and then try to think about how I could make them better.  I guess I will have a chance to do so in May and June, when I do four more over a two-week period. 

It was also my birthday!  I actually had made plans to go out with friends for my birthday.  Kevin and I were going to head to my favorite bar to meet them after I got home from work.  Kevin forgot all about it.  I got home, opened the door, and saw fresh flowers in a vase, candles out on the table, and him making me dinner.  I gave him a kiss, and told him I was going to change quick.  Then I  called the girls to reschedule without him knowing.  It was wonderful.  For my present, Kevin and I spent an entire weekend in Madison.  I had really wanted to see an exhibit at one of the museums.  We were able to go swimming at the hotel, order in dinner, and just relax.  It was perfect~just what we needed.

For February, the highlights included going to Kevin's cousin's house for the Super Bowl, babysitting for our nieces, and my dad's 59th birthday.  With work and school, Kevin and I really didn't have time for anything really big.

The past few days have been pretty low-key around our house.  On Monday, Kevin fixed our Home Theater PC, so that was quite nice.  Now we can watch all of our movies again.  On Tuesday, we went out to dinner with Kevin's dad, and then he came over to do our taxes.  Gotta love that new homebuyer's tax credit!  And last night, I popped a frozen pizza in the oven, we watched TV, and then we watched "Couple's Retreat."

Tonight, we are headed to my parent's house for my sister's birthday.  I can't believe we're getting so old!  Kevin is responsible for making her birthday cake, so hopefully he has time to do it after school today.  Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment